Finally the wait is over! On 22nd March 2015 the CakePHP team announced the availability of version 3.0.0 stable.
Some of the CakePHP 3.0 new features include :
- New ORM
- Faster and more flexible routing
- Improved migration
- Better Internationalization
- Improved debugger toolbar
- The usage of composer
- Standalone libraries
- View Cells
We here at SANIsoft have already been playing with version 3.0 for a while now. Here are the links to a few old posts that were written about CakePHP 3.0
- Migrations in CakePHP 3 – A quickstart
- View Cells in CakePHP 3 – A quick start!
- Events in CakePHP 3 – A 4 step HowTo
- Twitter bootstrap forms in CakePHP 3
- Change markup for pagination in CakePHP 3
- Themes in CakePHP 3, A step by step HowTo
Hopefully there will be many more in near future, meanwhile if there is any topic that you would like to request being written about just leave a comment!