Today a new version of cakephp-1.2′s pre-beta released, Eager to upgrade I plugged it into the new Cheesecake2 codebase which was happily on cakephp-1.2′s last alpha (released on 9th July).
As expected some minor migration issues did crop up immediately, posting the list below
1. No more debug, cake_admin etc. constants in config/core.php
- Replace the old core.php with the new one and then make changes in it as per your needs – debug setting, admin routing etc.
That was easy what took a bit more time was the new things in the radiobutton output by the form helper.
2. Addition of fieldset/legend around radio buttons
- You need to set
- 'legend' => false
in options of radio field if you don’t need a fieldset around your radio buttons
3. Label given for radio buttons group does not appear but radio buttons texts appear as labels
- If you have given a label to your radio buttons group then it will not appear at all, rather but your radio button options will be made labels. If you need to provide a single label for radio buttons group then you have to explicitly put
before (or after or above or bottom – as per your need,)
. Also if you don’t need your radio button options to appear as labels then set
- 'label' => false
4. The ‘inbetween’ has been removed
- If you need to separate your radio button using any string, e.g.:-
(line break), then you need to use
- 'separator' => '<br />'
- 'inbetween' => '<br />'
I am sure the above will help prevent some hair-pulling by people less keen on diving into the source
But that said – the new features which have been put in seem to be really awesome as usual